Putting Youth on the Map (PYOM) is a powerful information resource for youth and adults working to ensure youth well-being in California.
Who can use this?
- Youth and adult advocates can use PYOM to identify issues, mobilize action and hold decision-makers accountable for helping improve young people’s opportunities and outcomes.
- Service providers and private foundations can use PYOM to strategically allocate resources.
- Public agencies and policy-makers can use PYOM to focus funding, personnel, and regulation in ways that increase youth well-being, channel public resources fairly, and promote accountability.
- Everyone can use PYOM to identify leverage points for improving opportunity, develop multi-sector multi-issue collaborations, and hold themselves accountable for collectively improving conditions.
What can you do?
- See holistic place-based indices measuring youth well-being and severe isolation from support
- View index analyses by sex and race/ethnicity
- Explore data maps on income adequacy, suspension/truancy, transportation access, young adult voting and more
- Print maps and download data
- Find curricula and examples to help youth and community advocates use data maps
- Link to participatory mapping tools and other youth data sites
To see site partners and sponsors and contact us, click these items in the dropdown menu or scroll down.